Rosacea is one of the most common skin issues that not all people face but a good portion experience. As April is awareness month for Rosacea here at Mederm Esthetics Laser Clinic, we feel it is important to let our patients know about rosacea and how to properly treat it. Although there isn’t a set cure for Rosacea there are ways to treat it properly. It is also significant to note that there are different types of Rosacea, which means each person’s skin is different. Skin care experts will know how to properly treat every individuals skin with a personalized type of treatment.
How to Handle Rosacea
Table of Contents
Although there is no cure for Rosacea, there are actions you can partake in with your skin care expert in order to alleviate redness and avert further issues from arising on your skin. Below is more advice that we encourage you to take with you and follow on your skin care regime.
- Rosacea is referred to as a severe skin issue where the face of the skin is red in appearance.
- If you decide not to treat Rosacea with proper treatments it will worsen as time goes on.
- The causes of Rosacea are in fact not concrete.
- Rosacea commonly appears as well through tiny noticeable blood vessels on the face and through bumps on the face.
- Watery or irritate eyes are also another symptom of Rosacea.
- Both men and women can experience Rosacea.
Things that Ignite Rosacea
- Coffee and tea.
- Spicy and acidic foods.
- Weather conditions that are considered intense.
- Extreme exercise.
- Hot baths and saunas
- Emotional distress such as stress and anxiety.
- You have the capability to reduce redness of the skin by using ingredients that are relieving such as hinokitiol, sea whip, niacinamide and aloe.
- An easy way to reduce rosacea is by limiting the time you spend in the sun as well as limiting the time you spend in cold weather conditions.
- A handy thing to do is to keep track of what you are eating and what you ate prior to experiencing the rosacea that you can eliminate it from your diet.
Products to Use and Treatments
Here at Mederm, we advise you to use products that will further enhance the results that you are hoping for and this can be achieved with Alumier MD home care. Alumier MD is great since it comes with products that are called the Calming Collection. This set of products provides significant home care that will aid with sensitive and redness of the skin. It comes with four products that include SensiCalm, Calm-R, HydraCalm, and Clear Shield Broad Specturm Sunscreen SPF 42. SensiCalm works as a smooth, hydrating cleanser that softly eliminates contaminants and extra oil while relaxing the skin. Calm-R is a hydrating serum that is great for treating people with sensitive skin. HydraCalm contains supple ingredients that aid with soothing skin that experiences redness. Lastly, the Clear Shield Broad Spectrum SPF 42 is non-comedogenic and is helpful for shielding sensitive skin from the sun. We recommend using all four products to treat your Rosacea and have your skin looking better than it has ever looked before. Remember that improving your Rosacea will take time.
In addition to using the right home care products getting treatments done for rosacea is a great combination alongside the Alumier MD products. It is advised to get chemical peels to properly treat your rosacea. For mild to moderate individuals who experience Rosacea, a chemical peel in addition to the right continuous care can has the ability to enhance the skin’s appearance. Peels have the capability to reduce the look of redness and acne like bumps through exfoliating the top layer of the skin that is then transformed by new, radiant skin cells. The most common peels to treat Rosacea are Glycolic acid peels as they treat the redness as well as the dilated blood vessels that produce the condition. Another ingredient in peels that helps treat Rosacea is salicylic acid. This is because it assists with reducing inflammation in the skin. The key as well is getting more than one treatment and getting them done in two to three-week intervals.