This popular Hollywood Facial also known as the carbon peel is a non-invasive cosmetic procedure that uses a combination of laser therapy and other skin rejuvenation techniques to improve the appearance and texture of the skin on the face, neck, and décolleté area.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Improved skin texture and tone
- Reduction of fine lines and wrinkles
- Treatment of sun damage and hyperpigmentation
- Minimizes pores and blackheads
- Improves stretch marks (red or white)
- Non-invasive and minimal downtime
- Improved self-confidence
During the procedure, a healthcare professional will use a handheld laser device to deliver focused laser energy to the skin, which can stimulate collagen production, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, stretch marks, acne, and improve skin texture and tone. The laser energy also targets pigment in the skin, which can help reduce the appearance of sunspots, age spots, and other types of hyperpigmentation.
In addition to laser therapy, the Laser Hollywood Facial may also include other skin rejuvenation techniques, such as microdermabrasion, chemical peels, or dermal fillers, depending on the individual’s specific needs and desired results.
The procedure is typically performed in a series of sessions, with each session lasting between 30 minutes to an hour. Most people require several sessions to achieve optimal results, with sessions scheduled several weeks apart.
The laser carbon peel is a compound process that takes approximately 30 minutes to complete. Since it takes this amount of time, it is usually referred to as the lunchtime peel. Here are the steps involved with the laser carbon peel:
- Your skin care practitioner will apply a coating of liquid carbon onto your face. The carbon has the ability to soak up oil, dirt, and dead skin cells from deep inside the pores.
- It will then take about 10 minutes for the liquid carbon to dry.
- Once the carbon is dry, your esthetician will provide you with protective eyewear to guard your eyes from the laser.
- Then the esthetician will apply the laser over the skin on an energy setting that is low. This will heat up the carbon, attaching it to the epidermis.
- If you have a sensitive skin, the esthetician might skip the heating step. The laser is very effective as it will enhance collagen and improve the appearance of fine lines.
- When the laser is placed on a higher energy setting, the laser will be applied to break the liquid carbon into small particles.
- The laser will contain a smoke evacuator attached to it and will get rid of the carbon smell as well as any impurities.
- The last step will involve your esthetician cleansing the skin and applying sunscreen.
- Make sure to moisturize daily.
- If you experience any dryness this is completely normal.
- Use sunscreen consistently with at least SPF 30+ following the treatment for several days.
- Try to drink plenty of water to replenish hydration in the skin.
- Avoid using any products that contain retinol, glycolic and salicylic acids for five to seven days.
- Refrain from exfoliating your skin or doing any abrasive skin treatments.
- If you have an oily skin tone, use products that will reduce acne.
- If you have fine lines make sure to use products that contain hyaluronic acid and collagen.